EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST:
The Queensland Shakespeare Ensemble is an artist-run company. The Core Ensemble, as the name suggests, is the heart of QSE, and drives its artistic and business activities. Experienced professional actors that are interested in being part of the Core Ensemble are encouraged to apply for an audition. QSE may or may not be taking on any new Core Ensemble members in 2023.
Applicants for the Core Ensemble should be familiar with QSE’s work and activities, and ideally will have some previous experience with QSE’s training. It is unlikely that an applicant who has not previously performed or trained with QSE will be invited to audition for the Core Ensemble.
The ideal Core Ensemble member will have the following qualities:
- a passion for performing Shakespeare
- respect and commitment to QSE’s work and training
- skilled and energetic in their work on-stage and off
- able to receive and incorporate feedback into their practice
- a mix of artistic and business/administrative skills
- able to fill a gap in QSE’s current skill profile
- a team player, more concerned with the creation of artistic community than in furthering their own commercial career
- long-term commitment to the advancement of QSE and theatre in Queensland
Core Ensemble members have priority for involvement in artistic roles and where possible and appropriate, for any paid work within the company. In return, Core Ensemble members are expected to make QSE their first artistic priority, and not allow other artistic activities to preclude them from QSE activities. In addition to artistic commitments, Core Ensemble members are expected to commit an average of 6-8 hrs per week to their management portfolio across the year.